News Updates for Dong-Ha Min
- Ethics & Leadership Flag approved for MNS 308: Humans and a Changing Ocean class (from 2018 Spring)
- 2017 Fall teaching schedule: MNS 307 (Introduction to Oceanography), MNS 310 (Fundamentals of Marine Science), and MNS 320 (Marine Ecology)
- Course-Instructor Survey (CIS) results are posted under Teaching menu.
- Some of the students’ reflections and messages about the courses and about me are posted.
- ‘Guidelines for Ethical Research Conduct’ proposed by the MNS191 (2006 Spring) class is now formally accepted by MSI, and the guideline is widely distributed (see guidelines).
- CNS Non-tenure track faculty committee (17F)
- showcasing MNS 307: Introduction to Oceanography for the CNS Teaching Discovery Day event (17F)
- participated in the CoLA UTurn faculty luncheon (17F)
- Sanger Learning Center Faculty Advisory Committee, UGS (17Sp)
- Department representative at CNS Commencement
- Participated in the “Pie with Professors” event with students at CNS
- Conducted the Distinguished Faculty Workshop series for student educators with Drs. Bob Duke, Brent Iverson and Shelley Payne (15F), and Drs. Michael Starbird, Amit Bhasin and Rob Crosnoe (16Sp)
- Implemented the Sanger Learning Center e-newsletter to better communicate with faculty
- Taught the Signature Course TA cohort training program (15F & 16Sp)
- Reader at the DMA thesis committee of B. Kim (17Sp)
- Supervising Gabriel Chavez, a University Leadership Network (ULN) intern, in the lab during 2016-17
- Supervising Kaleb Ashton for the EVS senior capstone research during 2016-17
- Subramaniam (Subbu) Iyer, joined to work in the lab (Summer/fall 2017)
- NSF-sponsored “Global Ocean Repeat Hydrography, Carbon, and Tracer Measurements, 2015-2020,” project in progress.
- Ongoing cruise work: July-September 2017 GO-SHIP P6 (Sydney, Australia – Papeete, Tahiti and to Valparaiso, Chile) on Icebreaker Nathaniel Palmer
- Attended the Changing Education Symposium (17Sp)
- Participated in the Eyes on Teaching (peer observation and discussion) in 17Sp
- Attended the Faculty Teaching Colloquium (16Sp)
- Completed training of the Cognos, iModules, and VIP classes at UT
- More photos are added to the photo gallery pages
- I started to post some blog on the My Blogs page, along with other miscellaneous personal writings
Last Update: 9/14/2017