News Updates for Dong-Ha Min
- 2018 Fall teaching schedule: MNS 307 (Introduction to Oceanography), MNS 310 (Fundamentals of Marine Science), and MNS 320 (Marine Ecology)
- Ethics & Leadership Flag approved for MNS 308: Humans and a Changing Ocean class (from 2018 Spring)
- Course-Instructor Survey (CIS) results are posted under Teaching menu.
- Some of the students’ reflections and messages about the courses and about me are posted.
- ‘Guidelines for Ethical Research Conduct’ proposed by the MNS191 (2006 Spring) class is now formally accepted by MSI, and the guideline is widely distributed (see guidelines).
- Spoke with the Brackenridge-Roberts-Prather Residence Halls students and RAs (student group) (18Sp)
- Spoke with the Marine Science Club (student organization) (18Sp)
- Spoke with the 314 Action UT Austin Chapter (student organization) (18Sp)
- CNS Non-tenure track faculty committee (17F-present)
- Natural Science & Technology core curriculum assessment group (17F-present)
- showcasing MNS 307: Introduction to Oceanography for the CNS Teaching Discovery Day event (17F)
- Sanger Learning Center Faculty Advisory Committee, UGS (17Sp-present)
- Plan to supervise Silvia Maldonado in the lab during 2018-19 as a University Leadership Network (ULN) intern
- Faculty mentor for Amanda Alva’s BDP internship during summer 2018
- DMA thesis committee of B. Kim (17Sp)
- Supervising Gabriel Chavez, a University Leadership Network (ULN) intern, in the lab during 2016-17
- Supervising Kaleb Ashton for the EVS senior capstone research during 2016-17
- Mark Lopez joined the lab as Research Assistant (Fall 2018-Spring 2019)
- Subramaniam (Subbu) Iyer, joined the lab (Summer 2017-Fall 2018) as Undergraduate Research Scientist Assistant
- NSF-sponsored “Global Ocean Repeat Hydrography, Carbon, and Tracer Measurements, 2015-2020,” project in progress.
- cruise work completed: July-September 2017 GO-SHIP P6 (Sydney, Australia – Papeete, Tahiti and to Valparaiso, Chile) on Icebreaker Nathaniel Palmer
- Attended the Changing Education Symposium (17Sp)
- Participated in the Eyes on Teaching (peer observation and discussion) in 17Sp & 18Sp
- More photos are added to the photo gallery pages
- I started to post some blog on the My Blogs page, along with other miscellaneous personal writings
Last Update: 8/21/2018