Excerpts from “What the Best College Students Do” by Ken Bain:
There are three types of learners: surface, who do as little as possible to get by; strategic, who aim for top grades rather than true understanding; and deep learners, who leave college with a real, rich education.
- Pursue passion, not A’s.
- Get comfortable with failure.
- Make a personal connection to your studies.
- Read and think actively.
- Ask big questions.
- Cultivate empathy for others.
- Set goals and make them real.
- Find a way to contribute.